Search This Blog

Friday, March 1, 2013

Tzatziki Tuna Salad

When I saw this recipe, I thought it might be a good way to give my tuna fish (which I typically make with just tuna and mayo) a little sophistication.  I had to adapt the recipe a bit because although I wanted grown up tuna fish, I can't help but be picky about what goes in it.  That meant the red onions and pepperoncinis were out and and the tomatoes had to be chopped a little smaller.  Though it seems like I may have left out a few key ingredients, the lemon and dill-filled tzatzki and cucumbers still made this a completely different tuna fish than the boring one I've always made.  Next time, I'll make the tzatziki separate from the tuna/cucumber/tomato.  I know that's what the recipe tells you to do, but I thought I could cut out a step and no one would notice.  Now I'm thinking it makes a difference.  As good as the flavor was, each ingredient would have been able to do it's job better had they been able to sit and come together in the sauce before being added to the tuna.  It was good the way I did it, but with the patience to make the sauce separately, it could have been called really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails