Search This Blog

Thursday, March 28, 2013

3 on Thursday

I had such a wonderful time with my parents while they were here for a long weekend.  It was much colder than we expected, but we didn't let that stop us from running around the city!
If you haven't been to the MoMA yet to see Edvard Munch's "The Scream," get there now before it closes on 4/29.  It's amazing to walk right up to such a famous piece of artwork, but I found some of his other pieces even more interesting.  That Munch was one weird dude.

I wanted to do something special for my Daddy's birthday, which fell on the Saturday of his visit.  I did a little research and learned that their school, La Scuola, was holding a class on Saturday afternoon.  For about $60 per person, we learned all about Prosciutto di Parma from the experts while Eataly's head chef prepared us a 3 course meal that the sommelier paired with wine.  I learned a ton, took plenty of notes, and plan to put my new prosciutto skills to work soon. If you're a food nerd like me, I highly recommend checking out Eataly's upcoming classes.

I decided to host the Passover Seder this year, my first in an apartment with a real dining table suitable for dinner parties.  My Mom helped me organize the menu and pick out new placemats and dinnerware, but I was still nervous about how it would turn out.  Based on the fact that one guest went back for thirds, I'm guessing the food was good - phew!  My Passover menu was as follows: deviled eggs, olives/pickles, haroset, brisket, quinoa with tomato, avocado, basil, and lemon vinaigrette, sweet potato casserole, asparagus with peas, and sorbet with berries for dessert.  I was also pretty pleased with my centerpiece.  While we were at Calliope over the weekend, I noticed they used a mug as a vase and it looked beautiful.  I took 3 mugs in two different shapes and filled them with tightly packed carnations in two shades of pink: "my colors are blush and bashful"..."your colors are pink and pink".  Hoping somebody got that Steel Magnolias reference...otherwise that last sentence was weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails