Search This Blog

Thursday, February 28, 2013

3 on Thursday

I went into this week thinking it would be a return to normal, but it's turning out to be just as busy as last week!  I don't mind at all though because this week I may be busy but it's all related to seeing friends I haven't seen in a while.
I've enjoyed the short-form, multi-media format of tumblr since joining not long ago (refer to previous "3 on Thursday" post here), but my own tumblr is just a compilation of random things that make me happy.  I'll keep it up because we all need a happy place, but one thing I missed was the idea of a theme.  I like structure and felt that was lacking in my tumblr universe.  Basically, I wanted to take the more systematic approach I use for this blog and apply it to the short form framework of tumblr.  Thus, a new tumblr was born.  I'm calling this one "First and Last".  When I was in high school, someone mentioned a theory that the first and last sentences of a book will tell the entire story.  Basically, they were trying to figure out if they could get away with doing even less work than reading the SparkNotes.  I'll be testing the theory by rating how well you can understand the story by reading just the first and last lines.  Check it out! 
Move over Carrie Bradshaw!  I just got my very first pair of Manolo Blahniks and it's a pretty good feeling.  There was a sale at What Comes Around Goes Around (one of the city's great vintage/thrift shops) and there they were on a shelf, looking all dainty.  I couldn't believe no one had snagged these perfect condition pumps, especially when I saw the $69 (with tax) price tag.  But for some reason, these shoes were covered by Harry Potter's invisibility cloak until I walked by.  They are the perfect heel height for a taller gal like me and the cutouts make them fun when ivory pumps can easily turn dowdy otherwise.  I feel like such a grown up now that I own fancy shoes, even if they aren't exactly new.

It finally happened.  At age 27 I have just been summoned for jury duty.  I know everyone complains about jury duty and tries to get out of it, but I'm intrigued by it.  You get to see the justice system at work and hopefully some Law and Order type crazy case.  That said, I am now realizing how inconvenient it can be.  I mean, I do have a job that needs to get done.  We'll see how it all pans out soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails