Search This Blog

Monday, March 4, 2013

Goat Cheese and Mushroom Stuffed Chicken

Time again to do something with chicken that will keep me interested in that fair foul.  I hadn't done a stuffed chicken in a while and it seemed like it was time.  First I sauteed chopped (not sliced) cremini mushrooms in a little butter and garlic and then mixed them with goat cheese.  If you do this right when the mushrooms come out of the pan, they'll be warm enough to soften the goat cheese, making it easy to combine.  I split chicken breasts in half lengthwise, leaving them just attached at the edge to create a pocket that I filled with the goat cheese mixture.  Fresh rosemary would be great here, but I didn't have any so...oh well.  The stuffed chicken then went in an egg wash followed by a breadcrumb/parmesan mixture.  After that, I baked them in the oven at 425 for about 35 minutes.  Some of the filling seeped out, which added moisture to the breading on one side and caused a little of it to fall off.  My solution was to add a little more parmesan before serving.  You can never go wrong with extra parm.  I wish I took a picture of the chicken's cross section so you could see the filling, but I'm sure you can imagine it.  Can you imagine how it tastes, too?  I hope so because then you'll want to recreate it.
I hope you can tell how massive this chicken breast is.  How big was this chicken?!  It takes up the entire plate and is really two servings...which of course means I ate the whole thing myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails