Search This Blog

Monday, March 25, 2013

Friend of a Farmer

My Mom arrived for her visit a day earlier than my Daddy so we could have a little bit of one on one time.  Ain't she thoughtful?  She landed early enough in the day that we could head straight to breakfast and since this was Mommy/Daughter time I had to pick a place with ample cuteness.  I knew Friend Of A Farmer had a Country Time Lemonade sort of vibe that draws major brunch crowds on the weekends, but since we were going on a Thursday we'd be able to get a table without trouble.

The restaurant looks like a bed and breakfast in upstate New York, complete with fireplaces, stone walls, and tons of floral wallpaper.  It was a much colder day than we had anticipated, and this is the kind of place you want to duck into to warm up.  It's just so cozy.

My Mom ordered the homemade granola with yogurt and fruit.  I had to steal a bite when I saw maple syrup glistening on the oats and it was just as good as I hoped - not soggy but not so crunchy you break a tooth, either.  I was in the mood for eggs and ordered the salmon scrambled eggs, which came with smoked salmon, cream cheese, tomatoes, and scallions.  I'm not a big lox fan, but this was thick, non-slimy smoked fish that gave the eggs a perfect saltiness to even out the sweet of the tomatoes.  The food was great, as was the escape from the hustle and bustle of the city to the quiet country.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails