Search This Blog

Thursday, March 7, 2013

3 on Thursday

Once again, the quiet weekend I had planned has been booked up with activities and once again I don't care because I know I'm going to have a great time.
For years, Saturday night has been 80s night at Canal Room.  The cover band is ridiculous, half the people come dressed up, and you will likely walk away nice and drunky.  It's pretty much a guaranteed good time.  It's also a $20 cover and the drinks are pricey so I recommend some heavy pre-gaming.  If you haven't been, this should be on your NYC bucket list. 
A sex toy party is not my sorta thing.  I don't like to talk about that sort of thing at all, but my friend was hosting and needed to fill the room so I went in support.  Next thing I know, I'm having lickable and tingling lotions rubbed into my arm and being shown a variety of "bedroom accessories".  Talk about being completely out of your comfort zone.  Fewer people showed up than expected which meant I couldn't sink into the background - awkward!  I'm still very conservative and uncomfortable talking about personal stuff like this, but I suppose there's something to be said about pushing yourself to do something different...even if it makes you giggle awkwardly.  I'm sorry, I couldn't bring myself to post a pic of the toys so all you get is one of me testing out a lotion.

Back in the day, our group at my company was super tight.  Plenty of my original coworkers have moved on to other jobs and now that everyone is so busy, there doesn't seem to be the same level of camaraderie.  Every so often, we try to plan a little reunion at a bar to reminisce.  It's crazy to see how much we've all grown over the years and it's nice to see those early bonds (like the ones forged with my first cube-mates pictured above) remain strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails