Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Mediterranean Shrimp Couscous

Problem: I completely forgot to prepare something for book club last night.  Book club starts at 7:30 (so I have til 7:45, obviously), which means I had to leave work by 6, stop by the grocery store, and get the cooking finished by 7:35 in order to get there at an appropriate time.  If I was lucky, I would have 25 minutes max for cooking so I had to be strategic.

While I cooked up some Israeli couscous, I prepped the other ingredients and threw them into the serving bowl: crumbled feta, chopped parsley, halved grape tomatoes, and shrimp.  You have two options at this point.  Either marinate the shrimp in a dressing of olive oil, dijon mustard, and cumin and then grill them, or use a box of the flavored couscous and just boil the shrimp.  I went with option number two because I happened to buy garlic and olive oil flavored couscous without realizing it so I didn't need the other seasoning.

I made it...just barely.  You've got a starch and a protein so this really could be used as the bulk of your dinner, which is pretty impressive since it takes less than 30 minutes to prepare.
I only got a pic of the whole book club spread, where mine is in the wooden bowl all the way in the back, unfortunately.  Don't worry, it was all gone by the end of our meeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails