Search This Blog

Monday, July 9, 2012

Sausage and Sprouts

I've only made one sliced brussels sprout dish (probably because I'm lazy and didn't want to take the time to slice them), but I wanted to try the slaw style sprouts again so I concocted something new.  Thankfully, I found a bag of pre-sliced brussels sprouts at Trader Joe's so I had no excuse not to cook them.  Surprise surprise, Trader Joe comes to the rescue again.

I sauteed the sprouts with olive oil, garlic, shallots, and sliced jalapeno chicken sausage.  Without roasting them for 45 minutes, the sprouts didn't have time to get soft and caramelized.  Instead, they were crunchy with a stronger cabbage flavor.  Though that flavor can be overpowering, the spice of the sausage and sweetness of the shallots tamed it.

It may have been a simple dish, but I don't usually cook with sliced brussels sprouts and chicken sausage.  The new ingredients invigorated my routine and it couldn't have been easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails