Search This Blog

Thursday, July 19, 2012

3 on Thursday

The summer is chugging along and I've had no complaints thus far...

Second Time Around, a designer consignment store just opened a few blocks from my apartment.  Until they set up shop in my neighborhood, I was safe.  The other two boutiques near me were too pricy for me to even walk in the door, thereby saving me from myself.  Having STA around will not be good for my wallet, but if I continue to walk out with cheap designer duds (like the $50 Theory shirt I picked up on Friday), it will be great for my wardrobe.  If I'm getting a really good deal it's ok to buy lots of clothes, right?
Saturday was Bastille Day, but since I had pre-scheduled plans I knew I wouldn't be able to make it to the annual street fair on 60th Street.  As my own personal celebration, I stopped by my favorite macaron shop, Macaron Cafe, which just opened a location 10 blocks from my apartment last week.  10 blocks is far enough that I won't be tempted daily but close enough to easily satisfy the intense cravings.  I built a pack of six for $14 and chose cassis, passion fruit, apricot, pistachio, salted caramel, and white chocolate.  Not a bad one in the bunch, though the apricot was particularly good. 
I just learned about a great blog this week: Underground New York Public Library.  I can be seen with my nose stuck in a book while riding the subway, standing on the platform, and sometimes even getting in a few more pages on the walk between the subway and the office.  In fact, thanks to the precious reading time I can grasp on my subway travels, I no longer go anywhere in NYC without a book.  Clearly, I'm not the only one.  I love how intensely everyone reads their books and how nonplussed everyone around them looks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails