Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Corsino

It had been far too long since I had hung out with my work mentor, Ira.  I still hold a grudge for him leaving me all alone at our agency to take a hot-to-trot job on the client side, but it was time to push that aside when I needed his discerning eye for decor.  I had to run some errands on the West Side so I suggested we meet in his West Village neighborhood for brunch, which made him very happy since he does not share my love for the East Side.  He suggested Corsino, and I jumped at the chance to try 'inoteca's sister restaurant.

My scrambled eggs with asparagus, prosciutto, and fontina were perfect, especially when piled on top of crunchy toasted flatbread.  Asparagus really should be incorporated into more dishes instead of just roasted and served on the side.  Ira scarfed his baked eggs so I'm assuming they were good, but he's a germaphobe who doesn't share food so I wouldn't know firsthand.  Everything always seems so pricey in the West Village so I was happy to see my bill with tax and tip came to about $11.50.   

The atmosphere is laid back, particularly in the Summer when all the fancy West Village folks have jetted to the Hamptons.  It was the perfect setting for me to pick Ira's brain about apartment decorating.  And brunch just seems like the right meal to discuss decorating, don't you think?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails