Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Parm + Gouda

This may not look like an exciting recipe for kale and it's not.  I pretty much just sauteed it up with olive oil, garlic, and paprika then topped it with toasted pine nuts and grated cheese.  What made it great was the cheese so I suppose this post is really about the cheese, not the recipe for a kale side dish.

I have found that Trader Joe's carries a great, inexpensive cheese selection.  One of my favorite finds was the Cambozola.  It's a combination of camembert and gorganzola - in essence, an extra creamy blue cheese. Well, I recently discovered a new hybrid cheese on their shelf.  It is the bastard child of parmesan and gouda and it's fabulous.  It's salty from the parm but a little creamy from the gouda.  The parmesan half makes it perfect for pasta, but the gouda makes it far more versatile.  Big recommendation from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails