Search This Blog

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sliced Sprouts

Today I tried out a new recipe that called for sliced Brussels sprouts.  I have been waiting to find just the right sliced sprout recipe - slaw style - since I usually just halve and roast them with shallots and maybe bacon.  My regular method is good, but I've been looking for a way to mix it up.  I was surprised to find the perfect recipe in Ladies' Home Journal, but they were the only folks that brought me a recipe that was easy and incorporated fun flavors. 

After thinly slicing the Brussels sprouts, I tossed them with red wine vinegar and the juice of an orange.  I sauteed them in a pan for about two minutes and then added garlic, salt, pepper, chicken broth, and orange zest.  Once all those flavors got nice and happy together, I transfered the sprouts to a bowl and tossed with sliced almonds and raisins.  The citrus and garlic made a nice pair and the crunchiness of the sprouts was exactly the kind of variation I was looking for.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails