Search This Blog

Thursday, July 12, 2012

3 on Thursday

I am so thankful my company usually gives us two days off for all holidays when most people are lucky to get one.  After going crazy in Vegas, it was nice to have a two-day week (where, let's face it, I was barely functioning thanks to my wild bachelorette adventures) followed by a relaxing five-day weekend.  Sure, I went out several times, but the weekend was long enough that I was able to do so and still have enough time to fully relax so I could be nice and rested for the start of my first full work week in a while.

I usually go home over the 4th of July so this year was my first Macy's/New York fireworks experience (I saw Brooklyn ones last year).  Since the fireworks are launched over the Hudson, I went to Hoboken so I could watch with Steph, Gav, and the Jersey crew.  From their building's park area we had a perfect view of the spectacle.  There are actually four identical displays that are timed to go off in unison down the river.  It was beautiful and I was just as awestruck at 27 as I was at 7.
The best thing about my new apartment has to be the roof.  It is equipped with landscaping, a view of the Manhattan skyline (including the Empire State Building), lounge chairs for sunbathing, umbrella'd tables for dining al fresco, a shower so you can cool off after a taxing lay out session, and a summer kitchen with a refrigerator.  I spent all Friday afternoon laying out with a good book and finally building the tan I've been working toward all Summer.  It's a great place to relax on my own, but I can't wit to entertain up there!  I picutre myself spending every weekend on that roof.  There are worse things, I imagine.  

I'm loving my next door bagel place, Daniel's Bagels.  Like any good old school New York place, the line is sorta Soup Nazi style, but I'm at the point where I know what I like and can order like a pro (though I was terrified at first).  An egg and cheese on a toasted, scooped sourdough bagel with an ice coffee was a great way to start my Sunday and end my long, relaxing weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails