Search This Blog

Monday, July 23, 2012

The Wren

Anne and I were meeting up with some friends for a drink (or four) at Whiskey Town around 11/11:30, but we were both ready to head out early and wanted to get a drink under our belts at a calmer establishment first.  I had been hearing great things about The Wren and knew I liked what that crew had done with Wilfie & Nell so I figured it would be a nice place to start the evening...it also didn't hurt that it was also a stone's throw away from the final destination.

I loved the crowd.  It was a good mix of prep and tattoos - everybody wins.  The drink menu looked nice and fancy but none of the cocktails were really speaking to me.  The bartender not only picked up on the fact that I wanted something that I wanted something off the menu, but he immediately figured out the type of drink I wanted - I barely had to say a word.  They have a handle on mixology without being too stuffy.  Upstairs feels a little more casual, but if you've come with an intimate group or better yet a date, the downstairs area is the place to be with its separate bar and candlelight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails