Search This Blog

Friday, April 13, 2012

Sour Cream Sauce

After I took the last bite of this fish, I picked up the phone to call my mother so I could tell her she absolutely had to make it this week.  It looked fine enough on Pinterest, but the result was way better than I could have imagined.  In a bowl, combine low fat sour cream, minced garlic, fresh dill, green onion (white and light green parts, reserving some light green pieces for garnish), and parmesan cheese.  Slather that stuff all over halibut and bake at 350-400 for 15-20 minutes.  Make no mistake, when I say slather, I mean it.  Really give it to that sucker.  The sour cream is light and will thin out while cooking so when you plate it, you can just spoon it right back on top. This was one of those dishes where every ingredient played a role and could be tasted.  The sour cream was slightly tangy, the garlic a little spicy, the dill fresh and aromatic...you get the idea.  Maybe it's because I'm shocked at how quick and simple it was, but if I could, I would make it again tonight.   

I served it with portobello mushrooms that I stuffed with creamed spinach.  If you want the easy way out, buy frozen creamed spinach.  If you want a healthier version where you control the amount of cream and cheese, make it yourself.  It couldn't be much easier to wilt spinach, add some cream, parmesan, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.  The flavor of the fresh spinach is much stronger than its frozen friend and it takes about the same amount of time to prepare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails