Search This Blog

Monday, April 30, 2012

Cobb Salad

Sometimes a good old fashioned cobb salad can really hit the spot.  It feels very All American to me, and I like that you can mix up the toppings to suit your liking without losing that quality.  I used the following:
  • Avocado
  • Cheddar Cheese
  • Deli Turkey
  • Bacon
  • Hard Boiled Egg
  • Tomato
I love how you can present this salad with each topping in its own little row - letting the colors spread out like a rainbow - red to orange to yellow to green with a few others in between.  I haven't put ranch dressing on a salad since the beginning of high school, but something about it just felt right about using it this time for my retro supper.  The cobb may seem old school when you see it on a menu, but I found it completely satisfying.  There's a reason this salad has stood the test of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails