Search This Blog

Thursday, April 5, 2012

3 on Thursday

Last weekend afforded me no time to rest and this week has been no different as I run around preparing to host a full scale Passover Seder on Saturday... 
Newsweek has been stumbling in the last few years, but if the issue they released two weeks ago is any indication, I think they're on the way back up.  Newsweek capitalized on the excitement around the Mad Men season (after an unbearably long 18-month hiatus) by putting their issue into a time machine set for 1965.  Not only did they revert to the same fonts and style they used then, they convinced the advertisers to do the same.  I'm not an avid news magazine reader, but I was completely engaged while reading this issue.  I still can't bring myself to throw it away.  If you can, try to get your hands on it.
Yes, I have DVR and often fast forward through commercials.  But sometimes, when I'm watching per-recorded show I let it run straight through and attempt to multi-task (check my Twitter or Pinterest feed, browse recipes online, flip through a magazine) during the commercial breaks.  When this commercial came on I stopped and watched the whole thing then rewound and watched it again.  The "one of a kind" and "know who you are and own it" messages gave me the warm fuzzies.  I'm not a Dr. Pepper drinker, but now I won't discourage others from sipping away.

 If you're single, this video will give you a serious chuckle.  If you're not single, you'll still probably laugh your pants off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails