Search This Blog

Thursday, May 1, 2014

3 on Thursday

It happened: my first real weekend work day.  I was stuck in the office on Sunday longer than some people spend at work on a weekday.  It was a shame to have a 1-day weekend, but at least the work I was doing was interesting.  There's also been some other fun stuff going on:


  1. Throughout the month of April, Fabergé sponsored a massive Easter egg hunt.  The Big Egg Hunt stuck hundreds of huge eggs around the city, each one designed by a different artist.  On the website you could actually play the game, but I was happy just to see them.  Last week I found them all displayed in Rock Center (close up here, zoomed out in the background).  Each one is unique and gorgeous.  I'm really hoping they do this again next year.
  2. I spent Saturday at the Yankees game.  We were in the nosebleed section but that doesn't diminish the fun of the game.  Even from afar it was fun watching the Yankees win and eat my beloved Carl's cheesesteak.
  3. Large popcorn, diet Coke, and a VIP pass to the TriBeCa Film Festival meant my weekend got off to a great start.  Danielle and I saw "Famous Nathan", a documentary about Nathan Handwerker and the hot dog empire he built, written and directed by his grandson Lloyd.  I highly recommend it to anyone with a taste for nostalgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails