Search This Blog

Monday, April 8, 2013

Butternut Squash with Blue Cheese and Spinach

One of my favorite new recipe sources is the Whole Foods twitter feed.  When Fall hit, they went on a rampage with butternut squash recipes, and I bookmarked this one for later use.  My favorite butternut squash preparation is roasted, but even that gets boring for me when it comes to squash.  But wait!  This recipe adds leafy, green, antioxidant-filled spinach and yummy yummy blue cheese to the dish!  Now we're talkin.

First things first, put cubed butternut squash in the oven to get your roast on.  I'm not a big red onion fan, but when they're cooked down enough, I don't mind them.  I let them go in the pan for a while until they looked like they would be on the sweet side and only give me bad breath instead of the usual, supremely awful breath.  I know I'm hating on red onion, but in this dish they work.  While the onions are cooking, use a fork to break down blue cheese with lemon juice and season with salt and pepper, creating a thick dressing.  Once the onions look done, add fresh spinach til it's nice and wilted (even a huge mound will only take about two minutes).  And finally, when that's all good to go, toss the onions and spinach with your roasted squash and blue cheese dressing.

I took a great picture, but unfortunately that went bye bye when my phone was stolen on Saturday night (more on that later).  I know it's tough, but I am confident you can use your imagination and picture this recipe.  I think I can - I think I can - I think I can...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails