Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Paolo's

Liz and I both had Monday off for Columbus day, but not everyone else was so lucky.  While Puckett went back to work and the other boys flew back to Atlanta, the two of us had our own little bestie day.  After touring the National Cathedral, we headed to Georgetown for lunch and a little window shopping.  Liz wanted to go to a favorite restaurant, Paolo's, and when we realized there was a Scoutmob coupon, it became a done deal.

Liz was set on a comforting pasta dish to offset the dreary day while I went the two appetizer route.  I ordered burrata (made especially good with the addition of pesto to the traditional caprese elements) and the sea scallops.  The scallops were cooked to perfection and the pistachio crust only made their meat seem that much more buttery.  The miso vinaigrette added a hint of salt to remind you that despite the earthy pistachios and cauliflower, these guys came straight from the ocean.  I wouldn't have expected it from a restaurant that claims their specialty to be pizza, but this may be one of my top scallop dishes.  So happy were we with our food that we lost track of time and my bus back to NYC was pulling away from the station when I arrived.  Thankfully, the kind folks at Megabus let me on anyway.  Had they not, I wasn't all that stressed...though that was probably my satisfied belly talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails