Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Lindsay's Mac

I don't know how I got so lucky in the friend department, but even though Lindsay is doing me a huge favor by letting me butt in on her weeknight relaxation time to use her more high tech computer, she treated me with an amazing meal. I should be the one bringing her treats, but somehow I wound up with a bowl full of her homemade mac and cheese.

Lindsay's mac was some of the best I've had. While I can't provide recipe specifics since I wasn't the one in the kitchen, I can give you the rundown of the ingredients. This was a bechemel based mac made with four cheeses: gruyere, asiago, manchego, and (I think) Parmesan. The cheese mix was perfect. It got nice and bubbly and tightened up just enough to hold together while still remaining creamy. And why not throw in some truffle oil while we're at it, shall we?

This mac and cheese was better than most restaurant versions. Lindsay sent me home with a small Tupperware of it and it didn't even make it to the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails