Search This Blog

Friday, October 5, 2012

Cheesy Bread

The other day I really wanted some cheesy bread.  It was crave central.  I wasn't in the mood to do anything serious because that would take time and effort, which would only postpone cheesy bread eating time.

I started with some refrigerated crescent roll dough from Trader Joe's, but you could use Pillsbury's version.  If you're buying Pillsbury, might as well get the pizza dough, though I am positive the Pillsbury doughs for crescent rolls, pizza, and breadsticks are identical products with different labels.  Next, I melted some butter and mixed with garlic powder and dried oregano and painted it onto the dough.  (Chop real garlic?  please.  I was too hungry for that.)  I covered the whole thing with pre-shredded cheese (mozzarella), rolled that puppy up, and brushed the outside with more garlic/oregano butter.  I popped the whole thing in the oven for however long the crescent roll package told me to (about 15 min at 350) and stared at the clock impatiently as I waited for my bread to be ready.  I was not looking for quality Italian, I was looking for a quick fix and got just that.  It was exactly what I wanted.  The dough was a little sweet, but totally fine in a pinch.

If you're feelin frisky, you can mix some prosciutto or pepperoni inside with the cheese and/or dip it into marinara sauce.  Tip: leave an inch-wide border around the cheese; otherwise it'll ooze out and burn while cooking.  No one wants to explain the blaring smoke alarm to the neighbors.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails