Search This Blog

Monday, February 27, 2012

Jammin Salmon

My mother very recently gave up her flip phone and is now the proud owner of an iPhone.  I'll admit, I didn't think I would see her using it for more than a phone, so I was shocked to get an email from her detailing the salmon recipe she found on her Epicurious app.  My mother had never used the original Epicurious website and now she's found her way onto the app?!  I'm so happy my Mommy has embraced technology and, more importantly, passed along this great recipe.

You might shrug this off when I describe it to you because it's so ridiculously easy.  Put a little olive oil, salt, and pepper on your salmon and stick it in the oven (it'll probably take about 25 minutes on 400-425). While that's cooking, mix softened butter with lime juice, lime zest, garlic, and chili powder.  The original recipe didn't call for chili powder, but I was feelin feisty so I went with it.  I recommend the addition.  It adds a little smokiness that will make this lime butter all island-y.  Once the salmon comes out of the oven, top it with a dollop of butter and some extra lime zest.  The butter will melt over the salmon for a flavor that is unlike the typical dill, lemon, or caper toppings you usually find on salmon.  Even my father - not a regular salmon eater - liked this one.  The citrus makes it tropical, the chili powder adds depth.  Overall, it will make you rethink salmon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails