Search This Blog

Thursday, February 9, 2012

3 on Thursday

My last full, 5-day workweek before a couple of short weeks and long vacation has been as busy as expected.  Somewhere in the middle of it, I decided it was time to get back to the gym after a very long absence.  Somehow being super busy made it easier to just jump into it - by adopting an "it'll always be busy so no time like the present" attitude, I made it onto the treadmill last night and it felt great.  But then I realized this week has been filled with great things...
Even though my newfound team won this year's Super Bowl, I didn't think it was the best ever.  The game wasn't super exciting, the commercials didn't stand out, and the halftime show was pretty bad.  (Please, Madonna, stop trying so hard to be hip.  You're 53.  I felt like it was watching a concert of "I'm not like the other moms; I'm a cool mom.")  What I did like, was the Super Bowl party.  While the fiances/husbands/boyfriends watched in one apartment, the girls got together in another in Hoboken.  It was really nice being with just the girls - girls who love football, mind you.  We partied potluck style with the football cake balls (shown above) being everyone's favorite (funfetti cake and icing mixed together, dipped in chocolate). 
Photographer Miho Aikawa's latest project, entitled "Dinner in NY", is an intimate view inside New Yorkers' lives as they eat the main meal of the day.  I wonder what sort of image the photographer would capture if she paid a visit to my home during suppertime.  Like the single folk depicted in the collection, you would probably see me eating at the coffee table, watching tv - not because I don't have a real table, but because I like the company.

One of my new favorite blogs/art projects is Paris versus New York, a tally of two cities.  The artist makes a side-by-side comparison of New York and Paris in all sorts of categories.  From directors (shown above) to snacks to animals.  The images may be simple, but they're also cute and accurate.  I'm so glad someone has finally immortalized two of my three favorite cities in one place.  If there was some place where I could find a similar comparison that includes Savannah, I would be completely beside myself.  Now, if I could just pick my favorite, I would buy one.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails