Search This Blog

Monday, April 25, 2011

Passover Play-by-Play: Day 7

I am so close to the finish line!  For lunch today, I had a salad and sashimi.  Tip for Passover-keepers: if you go to a sushi restaurant and order a sashimi platter, you can completely forget it's Passover.  It's a beautiful thing.  I mean, I know the whole idea of Passover is to remember, but whatevs.

I expected to leave work earlier than I did, but my computer program was just not cooperating, so I missed my gym class and went straight home to prepare dinner - my last Passover dinner of the year.  I had taken out chicken, so it we had a meat meal on our hands.  I didn't have much in my fridge, but I made the most of it.  I covered the chicken with teriyaki sauce and threw it in the oven.  Meanwhile, I started sauteing leftover cremini mushrooms with some fresh spinach.  The teriyaki marinade set the tone for an Asian-inspired meal, so I sauteed the spinach/mushroom mixture with a little soy sauce and sriracha.  It wasn't anything crazy special, but I managed to make a flavorful, healthy meal with only three ingredients and a few sauces/seasonings I had in my fridge.

Now I just have to make it til sundown tomorrow and then we're all done with this awful holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails