Search This Blog

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Passover Play-by-Play: Day 3

For the majority of the day, I simply grazed.  I nibbled on dried mango, cashews, and deli meat (turkey and roast beef) with Russian dressing.  All the while, I was giving death eyes to everyone else enjoying both (because, yes, there were two) pizza parties at my office.  Pizza is one of my all-time favorite foods, but it screams not-cool-on-Passover so I just had to deal.

Things turned around at dinner.  You may or may not have heard (and I'm banking on "may not" because I doubt you're up on your daily Jewish reading), but there has been a big debate over whether or not quinoa is kosher for Passover.  This turned into something of a big deal *gasp*.  Well, you can all calm down because the New York Times just reported that, yup, it's cool and I couldn't be happier.  That's a great addition to my Passover repertoire.  I wanted something easy to cook, so I went with a burrito bowl, using quinoa instead of rice.  I put pre-marinated cilantro swordfish atop a pile of quinoa, pico de gallo, avocado, cheese, and sour cream.  It had all the flavors of your favorite tortilla-wrapped meal, but it was Passover-friendly and healthier (thanks to the quinoa).  I'm sorry you can't see all the layers in the pic; but trust me, it was delish.

Three days down and five to go.  Everything has been healthy and tasty thus far, but we're heading into the weekend, aka: The Danger Zone.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails