Search This Blog

Monday, November 23, 2009

Team Tess

It's such a cliché: the controlling girlfriend drags her boyfriend to a romantic chick flick.  I pride myself on not being an offender of this heinous crime; however, my boyfriend can no longer claim innocence because this Sunday, I was the one being dragged to the movie theater.  Was it an action/adventure film that he forced me to see?  No.  The movie my boyfriend was dying to watch was The Twilight Saga: New Moon.  Dave adores Kristen Stewart, and being the supportive girlfriend that I am, I chose to indulge his fantasies.  He was the only man in the theater, minus the fathers bringing their daughters who were too young to even have babysitting money with which buy the ticket.

I will admit, it was not as awful as I thought it would be.  That said, there are a couple of things I need to pick on.  It takes place in the middle of winter in rainy Washington state.  Everyone is wearing down jackets and Taylor Lautner is running around in cutoff jorts and no shirt.  I get it; he's got a ripped bod now and they want to show it off to the tweens who are supporting this franchise, but it just seemed a little ridiculous.  Also, what is it about Kristin Stewart's character that makes her the object of every male character's affection?  She's broody and pretty much seems allergic to fun, yet it seems every boy is falling all over her, be it vampire, warewolf, or run-of-the-mill high schooler (which should be a monster category of it's own in my opinion).  The movie is full of boys vying for her attention and they all end up in a tight embrace with contorted faces and heavy breathing.  Such drama queens.

Needless to say, Dave loved it and is Team Jacob all the way.

On another note, I have to admit that the little commercial thingy telling the audience to be quiet before the movie with people talking, babies crying, and a cell phone ringing gets me EVERY time.  Never fails.  Inevitably, I will turn around, wondering (sometimes aloud) who brought their infant to the movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails