Search This Blog

Friday, November 6, 2009

Din Din with Daniel Vinn

Now I know what you're thinking, "Tess has a blog.  She must be sooo cool!"  True, but I must concede that my blogging is nothing compared to what one of my dearest friends is doing.  You see, I write "musings" (as my Mommy so lovingly puts it) online, but Dan is an entrepreneur.  He has quit the rat race and started a company - Pushing Beyond - whose goal is to motivate Gen Yers to do the same in order to follow their passions.  The idea is simple: do what you love and success will follow. 

Well, one thing I love is hanging out with Dan.  Usually this is not possible due to the GA/NY divide, but this week, Dan has been in NYC interviewing fellows who have followed their passions and been wildly successful (and happy with their jobs/life, go fig!).  We decided to meet at a UES favorite, Beyoglu, for a late mediterranean supper.

Now onto the food, because if you're anything like me that's the real reason you're reading this.  Because we were both exhausted (and I knew how big the portions are), we opted against an appetizer.  However, had we gone with apps I would have suggested the Vegetarian Platter.  Doesn't sound like something I'd be interested in as a carnivore to the core, but this delicious plate of spreads always hits the spot and starts the meal off right.  The warm, fluffy pita/flatbread they bring to each table is the perfect dipper. 

Dan heeded my advice on the entrée and we both ordered my favorite dish on the menu: The Iskender Kebab.  Gyro style lamb served over pita cubes that have soaked up all of the yogurt and tomato sauce that has been poured over the top.  I visit Beyoglu often and the fish is always wonderful - as are the meat and rice dishes - but the smoky, creamy, hearty flavor of the Iskender Kebab is impossible for me to refuse.  For only $14.50, you have enough for dinner and lunch the next day.  I will be the envy of all my co-workers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails