Search This Blog

Monday, November 2, 2009

Costumes Make Everything Better: THK's 2nd Annual Halloween Party

I love to entertain.  Give me an excuse to don my ultra cute apron and have people over for food and fun and I'll throw a shindig together.  This Saturday was Halloween, which is by far my favorite reason to throw a partay.  I'm a firm believer that music sounds better, people look hotter, and food tastes yummier when experienced in costume.  Maybe I'm just nostalgic for my sorority days filled with socials date nights, but I LOVE a good costume party, making Halloween one of my favorite nights of the year.  Should you wish to experience the evening vicariously through my blog, keep reading.

  • Before I dive into the food, I should first go into costume detail.  We had Rainbow Brite, Ring Toss, Condom Queens, Steve Urkle, Catholic School Girl, a lame-o who didn't dress up (next year I will deny entry), and me, a Mail Order Bride, complete with bubble wrap veil, ring pop, stamps on the shirt, and FedEx skirt.
  • I served a witches' brew filled with gummy spiders.  Next time I'll know to drink a little less of my lethal concoctions...
  • It wouldn't be a party without some apps:
    • Warm brie topped with apples and honey
    • Dumplings
    • Spicy shrimp and avocado in endive boats
  • I also had a bowl of candy available for the taking filled with some of my tasty faves.  I wound up with tons of leftovers and now realize the dual nature of picking candy I like.  On the one hand, I don't have a pile of stuff I don't like but feel guilty about throwing away.  On the other hand, I'm left with massive amounts of treats I like and will probably be drawn to at 2 AM.  In 3 days you'll probably be able to come to my wrapper strewn apartment to find an empty candy bowl and a 20 lb heavier Tess.
I deem the party a success and am already beyond excited for next year's 3rd Annual Halloween Extravaganza!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails