Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Myers of Keswick

I keep a little list on my phone of things I want to do.  I'm not sure exactly when Myers of Keswick made it onto the list but it's been sitting there for a while.  When my Mom and I were planning our next move on Friday evening, I consulted the list, hoping I could find a unique experience for us to share.

It was like I used some of Harry Potter's flue powder and was transported to a quaint English corner grocery store.  There is NOTHING American in this store.  Not one thing.  Even the Heinz baked beans are imported with their fancier British labels.  Americans are not big on meat pies (huge mistake, Americans) so they are in short supply in the U-S-of A.  Thankfully, Myers of Keswick has tons of fresh meat pies to choose from alongside British chips ("crisps," I think they call them), candy, cookies, even oatmeal.  I highly recommend heading to the West Village for your Brit fix.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails