Search This Blog

Monday, July 7, 2014

Monday Reads



  1. European Court has upheld France's ban of the niqab, the type of veil worn by many Muslim women that only leaves a slit for the eyes.  I'm not sure I like the veil itself...but I'm also not sure how I feel about a government telling someone they can't wear something that is a part of their religious practice.  Not sure how to keep all the different head-coverings straight?  This article also includes a handy guide.
  2. Creative genius and mental illness often go hand in hand.
  3. Knowing my neighbors makes me feel more at home which then makes me happier.  Not so for Euros, apparently.
  4. It doesn't yet affect US domestic flights, but some travelers will soon not be able to board planes with an uncharged cell phone for security reasons so make sure your iPhone's got some juice before you fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails