Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Crab Stuffed Portabellos

On Sunday night I made one of the easiest recipes I could think of that also happens to look pretty fancy.  Crab stuffed portabello mushrooms are basically a crab cake stuck in an oversized mushroom cap, but since you have the mushroom for support, you don't need to add so much of the pesky filler.  

After cleaning out the stem and gills, I rubbed a little olive oil on the top of the mushroom and placed it face-up on a foil lined baking sheet.  Then I filled it with my crab mixture, which was basically just crab meat, mayo, panko bread crumbs, lemon juice, old bay seasoning, and parsley.  I stuck it in the oven for about 15-20 minutes at 350 and that was it.  

Besides being super easy, it's healthy if you use low fat mayo like I did.  It's a pretty gorgeous item to serve at a small dinner party as a replacement to the soup course and takes far less time to prepare.  Your guests will thank you for the change of pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails