Search This Blog

Friday, December 7, 2012

Bok Choy and Asparagus

I made bok choy for the first time the other night and have since decided to make it a regular fixture in my diet.  The super easy recipe came courtesy of my mom who bought the central ingredient on a lark and then found a recipe so it wouldn't go to waste.  When it panned out, she passed the recipe along to me because she's not one to keep good things to herself.

All you do is saute chopped bok choy and asparagus until it's nearly as tender as you like.  Then mix 1/4 cup chicken stock with one teaspoon corn starch and 1.5 teaspoons honey.  Pour the sauce over the vegetables and let it cook down until the liquid is mostly gone.  Add salt to taste and you're good to go. Serve over rice and [I prefer] alongside Asian glazed salmon.

When I'm in the mood for a quick and easy vegetable, I usually just roast some broccoli or cauliflower. This is a nice option that's just as healthy and not quite so monotonous.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails