Search This Blog

Monday, September 26, 2011

Mushroom Monday

Oh how happy my refrigerator is!  After many long, lonely nights, its contents were finally replenished after a trip to Trader Joe's.  I was a good girl and went to the gym this morning and I wanted to keep the healthy streak going, so I made a nice meal out of stuffed mushrooms.  Usually, my stuffed mushrooms include crab or sausage with bread crumbs and other unhealthy (albeit good) ingredients like cream cheese.  Tonight, I took a different route:

I roasted portobello mushroom caps with a little olive oil for about 12 minutes, just long enough for them to get nice and juicy.  When they came out of the oven, I topped them with quinoa that I mixed with almonds, dried cherries, and feta.  Even without the cream cheese and sausage, these stuffed mushrooms did the trick.  You know what else did the trick?  Only having 1 pot to clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails