Search This Blog

Monday, September 19, 2011

Book Review: The Hunger Games Trilogy


Okay okay, I may have read a book (or set of three books) meant for teens.  Judging yet?  How about once I tell you I absolutely LOVED it?  I would judge me, too.  The Hunger Games trilogy follows Katniss Everdeen as she struggles against an oppressive government in a post-Apocalyptic world where children are made to battle to the death every year.  It is as barbaric as it sounds, but author Suzanne Collins has managed to create a fantasy world with imaginative twists and turns that kept me riveted.

Yes, there is a romantic element, but it’s not so in-your-face (I was Team Peeta, FYI).  The real focus is ethics, government’s role in society, and the sheer adventure of the Games.  It may have been written for the young adult crowd, but the themes are worth exploring regardless of your age.  The first movie is already in the works and you can bet I’ll be pre-ordering my tickets with the rest of the high schoolers.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails