Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Fish and Fangs


On Sunday night, Andrew and I started a new tradition: he cooks; I watch True Blood.  I think I’m getting the better end of the deal since I am acquiring access to HBO and eating a delicious meal that I don’t have to cook.  Though Andrew is benefiting from the presence of my company, so he may be the real winner here. 

Andrew had pillaged the New Amsterdam Green Market on Saturday and made a meal out of his loot.  The main course was black sea bass that he cleaned himself (something I’m not even going to try) and cooked whole with tomatoes, lemons, and fresh herbs.  This gorgeous piece of fish was served on top of an amazing risotto.  Risotto is something I have never attempted at home.  It intimidates me a bit with all the stirring and watching required so I save it as a restaurant treat.  Andrew's risotto was slammin and filled with squash, zucchini, and duck bacon.  I didn’t know it was possible to make bacon from a duck, but apparently it is, and it’s delicious.  Paired with a glass (bottle) of chilled white wine, Andrew created a wonderful summer meal.   

Now about the show...How much do you love Eric right now?  I think they are doing a great job making Bill unlikeable this season to make room for Eric and Alcide.  But mostly Eric because he was just great this episode.  With his memory loss, he was nice and vulnerable.  Combined with his usual sarcastic manner, vampire strength, and abs, he is suddenly the perfect man, minus the whole undead thing.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails