Search This Blog

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Bars and Bridesmaids

Steph is a busy girl, planning all sorts or weekend trips so we had to carve out some post-work time to see each other and catch up.  We decided on Bar Veloce so we could get some good Italian apps and, most importantly, a good bottle of wine.  We decided to split a cheese plate, the grape tomato, olive, and ricotta salata bruschette, and the prosciutto, truffle oil, mushroom, and fontina panini.  The panini was probably my favorite and pressed just enough to get the cheese nice and melty.  The food selection is like the Italian version of bar snacks and there was a strong enough wine list to satisfy any post-work palate.

The best bottle of wine, however, was not on the menu.  While I thought we were just getting in some much needed Tess + Steph time, my fellow diner had other plans.  While we were waiting for the food to arrive, Steph pulled out a bottle of wine on which she had affixed her own label asking me to be one of her bridesmaids.  Is this not the cutest thing you've ever seen?  So yea, Bar Veloce is good and I recommend it, but I think my bridesmaid news better than whatever news you were planning to share with the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails