Search This Blog

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Bite Me

I was taking Thursday off work before the long 4th of July weekend so I convinced Sasha to get a mani/pedi with me.  Since we were getting our nails done in her 'hood, I put Sasha in charge of picking a casual eatery.  As we entered Bite, I realized I had walked by this hole in the wall plenty of times but thought nothing of it.  It doesn't look like much, and I never would have guessed these soups, salads, and sandwiches incorporate some of the freshest ingredients around.

Sasha got a gazpacho that looked wonderful and came with a huge hunk of Balthazar bread.  I couldn't decide what I wanted so I did a half-and-half soup/sandwich combo.  The spicy black bean soup was good, though I usually like my black bean soup thicker, more like a stew.  The sandwich was wonderful.  I plan to go back to Bite and get the full version.  The Middle Eastern Mushroom sandwich was filled with mushrooms, hummus, goat cheese, and veggies falling out of crusty bread.  Don't be fooled by the Shake Shack style logo that identifies this as a plain coke and sandwich place.  Everything on the menu has a bit of a Middle Eastern flair, making it anything but plain.  Even the breakfast sandwiches are special.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails