Search This Blog

Monday, January 24, 2011

Spicy Soupy

In case you didn't all get the memo, it's FREEZING.  I think today has a high of 18.  It wasn't much warmer over the weekend, which meant it was soup time.  I needed something hot hot hot - in temperature and spice.  Although I am not well versed in Thai cooking, I found a super easy recipe for spicy thai chicken soup, so I decided to try it out.  So easy and so tasty!  I threw chicken stock, coconut milk, fish sauce, sriracha, ginger, chicken (I just used a rotisserie chicken to make it reeeeally easy), and shitake mushrooms into a pot and simmered until it was warmed through.  At the last minute I tossed in some of those glassy rice noodles.  Since everything was already cooked, it took no time to make, but it still tasted like a composed dish.  It did the job - it warmed me up and for a split second, I forgot how cold it was outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails