Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Book Review: The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake

I flew through this book.  It is a bittersweet coming of age story, and I loved watching the main character, Rose, grow into herself since it is easy to relate to her growing pains.  Navigating friendships, family, and boys is hard on all of us, even those that can’t taste feelings in food.  As a foodie to the core, I would be traumatized if my precious flavors were invaded by the feelings of the cook.  However, as we all must, Rose learns to embrace what makes her different, and I only hope I can learn to do the same.  My only reader wish: I would like to have seen the father/daughter relationship progress a little more because it seemed like those two were on the verge of something special.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails