Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Keeping the Resolutions in Check

One of my new years resolutions was to try at least one new restaurant and one new recipe each week.  I haven't gotten to the restaurant yet this week, but I anticipate I'll cross that off when I arrive in New Orleans in TWO DAYS.  The recipe, however, I took care of tonight.  I'm trying to eat up most of the food in my fridge before leaving for Greg and Susan's wedding in two days so I started dinner by throwing something together.  It started out as breakfast for dinner and then it grew...

I made a scramble with spicy sausage, bell pepper, and avocado and served it next to an english muffin (sorry that the picture is not properly oriented...I'm not savvy enough to figure out how to rotate it).  Though I've never made this particular combo before, I don't consider it a new recipe since I often throw scrambles together - this one was delicious, nonetheless.  The new recipe was dish #2: pumpkin and goat cheese soup.  It was smooth, creamy, and fantastically fall.  I will divulge the super simple recipe here:

  1. Saute chopped onion in soup pot
  2. Add 4 cups chicken broth and 1 can pumpkin
  3. Stir in 4 oz goat cheese
  4. Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg
  5. Crumble pita chips on top
The best part is that I got to use my new, favorite kitchen tool, the immersion blender - I confess, buying this gadget was one of my proudest shopping moments.  I only had a small taste (don't forget the scramble) and reserved the rest for lunch tomorrow and my freezer for a rainy day.  Week one of my New Years resolutions is off to a good start!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails