Search This Blog

Monday, August 16, 2010

More Motivation to Throw a Party

I knew two things when I came home tonight:

  1. I wanted a home cooked meal
  2. I wanted something quick and easy that didn't require me to do a big grocery shop since I didn't leave work until after 8 PM
One of the benefits of throwing a party is having all the leftovers.  I had a ton of random ingredients in my fridge that separately were nothing special.  However, when I threw them all together in a pot, they created something wonderful.  I picked up a zucchini on the way home and sauteed it with leftover onions and cremini mushrooms.  I then tossed the veggie mixture with some cous-cous and stirred in some leftover arugula, prosciutto, and truffled ricotta.  It was creamy, hearty, and utterly satisfying.  I recommend throwing a party if for no other reason than to discover an amazing dish out of the leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails