Search This Blog

Friday, August 13, 2010

Holey Cow

You may think black holes only exist in outer space but oh no, a few months ago one opened literally around the corner from my office on 9th between 52nd and 53rd.  Holey Cream is a doughnut and ice cream shop that dips their doughnuts in icing and toppings to order.  I call it a black hole because I know once I go in, I'm never coming out.  I'll lock myself inside and eat everything.  My strategy was to keep a safe distance by walking on the other side of the street.

Yesterday, Wendy threw a wrench in my plan of avoidance by bringing one of their doughnut ice cream sandwiches straight to my desk.  She had chosen a doughnut with plain icing and no toppings (which include cookies, candy, and cereal) and stuffed with cookies and cream ice cream.  How did I not think of this great doughnut/ice cream combination of forces on my own?  I scold myself for having an underdeveloped imagination.  Halfway through the bite, the textures meld together.  I would recommend sharing and maybe some utensils because it was huge and messy.  Miraculously, it was just under $5 so if you're sharing with an equally gluttonous buddy, you've found yourself a great deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails