Search This Blog

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Book Review: Look at Me

I'd picked this book up and put it down at Barnes and Noble countless times, not sure if it would be for me.  Finally I decided it was time.  The stamp on the front denotes it was a big time award finalist, so I figured it had to be worth my time and I finally picked it up and walked it to the register.

I thought I liked it...until the end.  Throughout the novel, you know the lives of the seemingly separate characters are going to converge, and they do.  But what happens next?  You receive some sort of closure (but not full - I suppose I'm greedy, but I want to know more) from one character but have no idea what happens to the rest.  After 415 pages, I've built a connection to these characters and the author, Jennifer Egan, has spent all this time developing them.  After all that, we deserve to know what comes next.

2.5/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails