Search This Blog

Friday, February 21, 2014

Guac with Plantain Chips

I went to a restaurant once that served their guacamole with plantain chips instead of tortilla chips. I loved the starchiness of the chip and because they are less salty than tortilla chips, the guacamole really stands out. Leave it to Trader Joe's to stock plantain chips on the cheap. I grabbed a bag and waited for the long weekend to make some guacamole.

I didn't want to just buy guacamole. It's so much better when you make it yourself because you can keep the avocado a little chunkier and spice to your liking. It's really simple to make so there's no excuse if you can get your hands on a ripe avocado. I made the simplest guac possible: two avocados, one small tomato, half a small onion, half a small jalapeƱo, and some salt. Mash. 

For your next party, put out some plantain chips with the guac. Your guests won't know what hit em. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails