Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

B Flat

B Flat calls itself an "authentic bar".  If a bar serves alcohol, I would consider it authentic...but that's just semantics.  I suppose they consider themselves legitimate because they have a whiskey on the menu that is $28 for 2 oz.  I am not the kind of person that would order that but still found the rest of the drinks "authentic" enough for my liking.

It didn't take long to figure out this was a Japanese bar.  All the bartenders and patrons were Asian and the menu had strong Japanese influences, like green tea and in the case of my cocktail, yuzu and shiso leaf.  If they meant this was an authentic Japanese bar, they have probably earned the title.

It is very easy to walk right past the bar as it is basement level in TriBeCa, but if you're in the mood for a sophisticated evening (and by that I mean low voices and Jazz music playing) this is a great spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails