Search This Blog

Thursday, February 6, 2014

3 on Thursday

As you'll see from this week's background (a screenshot of my instagram), the Konter fam released some pretty major news last week.  My brother and sister-in-law are expecting a visit from the stork in August!  I am so very happy for them and know they will make the best parents.  I also plan to be the best aunt.  Ever.

  1. NYC hosted the Super Bowl this year and turned all of Broadway from 34th to 47th Street into Super Bowl Boulevard.  It was a great way to get the city excited, and how can you not be excited when there's a giant toboggan run? 
  2. After wearing contacts since I was about 11 years old, my eyes are pretty tired.  My peepers dry out easily and could use a break.  I figured if I bought a second pair of glasses, I would be inclined to wear them more often.  Having two pairs makes them feel more like an accessory rather than a nerdy obligation.  For my new pair I went straight to Warby Parker.  Just look at their annual report and you'll see what makes them such a fun company.  Also great is the price - all glasses are just $95.  And they're socially conscious: for every pair you buy, they give a pair to someone in need.  Don't think you're getting the ugly glasses, either.  They're so stylish they have lots of celeb fans.  So for just $95 you get to look good and do good.  Did I mention they set up their flagship store as a library?  Swoon.
  3. This was not the best Super Bowl ever.  I was hoping for a Broncos win since my former Dawgs Knowshon and Champ are on the team, but they were brutally massacred.  It was a pretty boring game to watch, other than the halftime show (I heart Bruno Mars).  I did, however, have fun at the Super Bowl party I went to.  I've only ever watched the Super Bowl on friends' couches, with lots of unhealthy dip and pizza on the coffee table in front of me.  This year I went to a party at a club hosted by a magazine.  There were go go dancers, open bar, a dj, and a performance by DMC.  It was aggressive for a Sunday night, but nice to have so many distractions when the game was kind of a snoozefest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails