Search This Blog

Monday, February 3, 2014

Cilantro Lime Shrimp

Here in the North, shrimp is never the main meal.  I pretty much only ever see it as a shrimp cocktail appetizer or as the protein in a pasta dish.  But as a Lowcountry girl I'm used to shrimp being the main event.  When you can catch the main course for free off your dock, I'm not sure why you would rather go to the grocery store.  I'm making it my mission to show New Yorkers how great shrimp can be as the main course.  The best way to do that is by appealing to their trendy, healthy side.

I followed this recipe for cilantro lime shrimp and highly recommend it.  I served it over rice with a couple slices of avocado and a fresh salad on the side.  For people who don't think of shrimp as the main course, this meal will probably change their mind.  Follow it up by reminding them how healthy it is and they'll probably request the recipe.  Finally, tell them how unbelievably quick and easy the whole thing was and they'll probably stop at the grocery store for the ingredients on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails