Search This Blog

Monday, October 7, 2013

Monday Reads

I read a lot.  You've probably seen book reviews on this site so you're familiar with the novels and memoirs I've been reading, but it doesn't stop there.  I'm constantly flipping through magazines and websites for interesting articles.  But I'll admit it's overwhelming.  I work in print and digital advertising so I know firsthand how much great content is out there.  I usually feel like I can't get to it all, but I'm trying to expand my mind and I'm taking all you readers with me.  That's why I'm instituting a new series on this blog: Monday reads.

You probably spent the whole weekend with your brain shut off.  Now it's Monday, you're back at work, and it's time to get the gears turning again.  You warm up before any physical exercise and should do the same before you exercise your brain.  I plan to curate a few articles every Monday to get things moving up in that noggin of yours.  Just think of it as stretching for the brain.


  1. It's good to know I'm not the only one who feels the urge to cry on an airplane.  Don't be embarrassed; this article explains why we get extra choked up while flying. 
  2. I found school supply shopping thrilling...except for when my Mom always made me buy the cheap pens.  The one thing she didn't skimp on: the Trapper Keeper.  I loved comparing my fun binder to everyone else's on the first day of school.  
  3. I fancy myself a reader, but David Bowie seems to be in a whole other league.  Glad it's not all sex, drugs, and rock & roll with this one.
  4. I may not be on the creative side of advertising, but I find this hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails