Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Israeli Couscous with Zucchini, Spinach, and Ricotta

Here's a quick fix side dish idea for ya. Cook up some Israeli couscous and while you're doing that, start sautéing chopped zucchini in a pan with a little butter. When the zucchini is about halfway done, add one clove of chopped garlic and a bunch of fresh spinach. I also added some fresh thyme because I had it on hand. It's not necessary, but I happen to think it really added to the dish for minimal effort. When the veggies are done, your couscous should probably have finished up, too, so combine that in the pan as well. Now just fold in some fresh ricotta to make it nice and creamy. It won't look as pretty, but it will taste nice and comforting. Just be sure to salt throughout the process. 

This was one of those pantry clean out dishes, but it solved two problems for me: 1) I still got to feel like I was cooking when the main part of my meal was Fairway's [delicious] pre-made meatballs and 2) I got to try something new instead of pairing those meatballs with the expected spaghetti with marinara. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails